Half-priced movies, delicious local food and best of all the dollar-to-ringgit exchange rates… This is one of our favourite destinations for a quick day trip!
Johor Bahru (affectionately referred to as JB) is the capital of Johor, the most southern Malaysian state and is connected to Singapore by more than just two causeways. We tell you some of the fun things you can do across the strait.
Other hidden gems in JB include…
- Johor Zoo
- Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque
- Royal Abu Bakar Museum (The Grand Palace)
- Dataran Bandaraya Johor Bahru
- Istana Bukit Serene (Bukit Serene Palace)
- Johor Bahru Chinese Heritage Museum
To all our Malaysian readers, Selamat Hari Merdeka!
By Muneerah Bee, August 2016 (additional reporting by Pinky Chng)