Would you like your child to be ready for primary school, ready for life – with a holistic early education and impressive language skills?
It’s why – if your little one is an infant on up to 6 years old – you should give The Little Skool-House a close look. And, if you are looking for a fully bilingual preschool, you can look no farther than this islandwide preschool. According to a recent Nanyang Technological University study, 93 percent of The Little Skool-House children have been assessed to be highly proficient in both English and Mandarin by the end of K2.
You have a perfect chance to check out the school’s unique learning approach at its Open Houses across various locations this coming 15 February (see details below with a link to register).
Read more about the impressive preschool here, then sign up for an Open House today!
For 25 years, thousands of children at The Little Skool-House have reached millions of achievements. Think investigating science facts and achieving Mandarin fluency and Math skills to developing healthy eating habits and independence.
What’s the school’s secret?
Designed by an in-house education development specialist team – including an ECDA (Early Childhood Development Agency) fellow – The Little Skool-House’s curriculum addresses the developmental and learning needs of children, 0 to 3 years old and 4 to 6 years old.
Specifically, its curriculum for children 0 to 3 years focuses on a child’s confidence. Building your child’s self-confidence is the starting point of every learning journey. The Little Skool-House team believes that when children feel secure, learning comes easy.
As children reach their preschool years, students at The Little Skool-House will be prepared for primary school and life beyond.
For children 4 to 6 years old, The Little Skool-House progresses its teaching through the power of storytelling, with learning in both English and Mandarin that is integrated across six subject domains: Language & Literacy, Math, Science, Creativity, Physical and Social Development.
Inspired by the pages of storybooks, children are exposed to language and logic, creativity and critical thinking. In addition, the school’s Formation Programme gives little ones a head start in primary school by combining Drama Pedagogy in Mandarin, a Builders & Innovation Project as well as a structured Reading Programme.
Truly, its core strength is its immersive bilingual programme. And, you really can’t start your child too early acquiring such skills. Just consider some of these compelling study findings:
- Children have much higher chances to be more “native”-like in their second language if they start learning two languages early. (Singleton, 2001)
- Bilingual toddlers demonstrate greater cognitive flexibilities, such as code switching, problem solving and attention, than ones who only speak one language. (Poulin-Dubois et al, 2011)
- Preschoolers exposed to dual language early learning environments were better able to read the second language by first grade compared to monolingual children. (Mesa & Yeomans-Maldonado, 2019)
- Lastly, bilingual children have increased opportunity to experience and understand more than one culture. They may be more socially open-minded and empathetic than single-language children. (Hickey and de Mejía, 2014)
See for Yourself!
Ready to go visit one of The Little Skool-House’s locations? Sign up for one of its Open Houses this upcoming Saturday, 15 Feburary, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at these selected participating centres:
- At-The-Hub – Ang Mo Kio
- On-The-Green – Orchid Country Club
- By-The-Vista – Ulu Pandan Community Club (On Saturday 22nd February)
Go for a school tour, learn about The Little Skool-House and chat to Principals and Teachers. Tip: You can enroll your child any time throughout the year. Plus, there’s an Open House Exclusive offer: Get $1,200* fee rebate when you enrol at The Little Skool-House!
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up now.
*Note: Promotion is only available for two weeks from date of the Open House.
Telephone: 6509 7880
by Sara Lyle Bow, January 2019
More on The Finder: