Lamenting the fact that you missed the early morning sales (and crowds) this Black Friday? Don’t be so glum, chum! Just because you’re in Singapore doesn’t mean you can’t give your credit card a workout and finishing your holiday shopping right from your couch. Here’s how to get the best deals and steals on the little red dot.
1. Shop Singapore based websites
As something that started as a savvy marketing attempt to help struggling businesses in the 1980s, Black Friday has grown into a worldwide phenomenon and spawned a sister holiday, Cyber-Monday. Singapore’s own participation in the massive sales only continues to increase.
This year shop Singapore sites such as Zalora, Shopee and Lazada all offering huge mark downs. Zalora’s Cyber Monday begins on 26 November and lasts until 29 November. For Cyber Monday, Shopee is also having the biggest tech and beauty sale along with its Black Friday sales. Even Lazada’s Cyber Monday will be filled with discounts for IT appliances and more.
2. Use the internet to your advantage
Several services allow you to shop US websites, ship to a US address then the concierge service will package your goodies and send them to Singapore. Even with shipping costs, the total price of some goods can still be cheaper than if you purchased in Singapore. Especially with unbeatable cyber Monday deals. (You also get some extra time to shop sales due to the time change!) We love:
- Borderlinx – use the shipping cost calculator so there are no hidden costs. (Not a fun holiday surprise.)
- vPost – The user-friendly website clearly walks you through their service.
- ComGateway – Get a live quote before you buy and 60 days of storage (but who can wait that long to get their goods?).
3. International sites that will deliver directly to Singapore
Many popular US retailer have begun shipping internationally so you can buy directly from them without a concierge service at sometimes surprisingly low costs. Do check their shipping costs and regulations so you understand the charges you may incur. We love:
- AmazonGlobal – Because you can find almost anything on Amazon. From toys to clothes to electronics, you are sure to find a gift for even the most difficult to buy for.
- J. Crew – Shop their sales for particularly great deals. Classic casual pieces, dresses for work and play and accessories, shoes, bags and more.
- Nordstrom – This US retail store, luckily for us, ships internationally! (If you aren’t familiar with Nordstrom, we apologize in advance. You will inevitably spend way more than you intended. In fact, check out Nordstrom’s Black Friday sales here!)
By Kathleen Siddell, November 2015 / Last Updated Arshi Iqbal, November 2021